Sunday, July 30, 2006

Slightly totally annoyed



Friday the weather was rather lightning bolty.

So I decided to unplug the power chords of electrical equipment and did a shutdown on my PC with Windows XP Pro. The computer came to the "Shutting down" part, when it reminded me it needed to install more Windows updates. Cursing myself for not having put it into hibernate instead, I argued in my mind and decided to pull the power chord while it was updating.

Then, I put the plug back in today (yeah, I use my Mac more than my PC, it shows ;)) and turn it on again. I so do, and it reach my desktop, then it freeze completely! Then svchost crashes. I read up on the stuff, and manage to finally get Windows XP to file a bug report. It gives me a webpage that basically condemn my action of pulling the plug. So, its reinstall XP time.

When I'm finally done reinstalling XP, guess what the activation says about my activation key?
"You have activated windows too many times. Use a different product key".... Uhm...

You know, when you shutdown a Mac, you shut it down. You can choose not to install updates if you like. And if an update fail you can usually apply it over the old update again. In the worst case, due to the way OS X separate settings from files, you can even reinstall the OS using Archive/Install and not have to reinstall any applications! And no crappy C:\Documents and Settings\Joe Schmo.COMPUTERNAME account crap either.

1 Comments:

At 07 August, 2006 15:58, Blogger David said...

Du har vel allerede bestilt Mac Pro, du...? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home